Ways to Give

The Rotary Foundation Donor Advised fund is a convenient way to simplify your charitable giving and take advantage of tax savings at the same time. A donor advised fund account is similar to an investment account earmarked exclusively for charitable giving. It allows you to make contributions and grant recommendations to the Foundation and other preferred charities at your convenience.

You can direct your Annual Fund gift to SHARE, the World Fund, or an area of focus fund.

In many ways, donor advised giving is like having  a personal foundation to support your favorite causes, but without the hassles and paperwork. An account may be established by individuals or Rotary-affiliated groups.


Donor advised fund accounts offer these benefits:

  • Support to The Rotary Foundation and other preferred charities

  • Immediate tax benefits

  • Professional asset management

  • Flexibility to make grant recommendations suited to your timetable

  • Easy record-keeping and tax reporting

  • Bequest Society membership for individual donor advised fund account holders

  • No start-up fees

Individual Accounts

As an individual or married couple, a donor can establish a donor advised fund account with The Rotary Foundation. (Individual accounts can have a maximum of two account holders.)

Group Accounts

As a representative of a Rotary-affiliated group, a donor can establish an advised fund account with The Rotary Foundation on behalf of a group. At least two account holders must be listed on all group accounts, and a single account can have a maximum of four account holders.

More information

Read the DONOR ADVISED FUNDS LEAFLET for all the current information.

To request more information call 847-866-3100, or e-mail planned.giving@rotary.org.

 * At this time, the donor advised fund is structured for the United States. If the donor is not  a U.S. citizen, contact The Rotary Foundation before trying to establish an account. Also note that regulations regarding tax deductions for charitable giving vary at the state level; check with your tax adviser. Deductions discussed in Foundation resources refer specifically to U.S. federal taxes and could change.